Find Jobs or Internships
Links to provide a perspective on your job search and tips to help you along the way.
Kansas Employment Incentives
Learn how you can receive significant financial benefits by making rural Kansas your new home through the new Rural Opportunity Zones program. See if you would qualify for student loan debt repayment by moving to rural Kansas.
Take a look at the current job market
Review employment trends in Kansas and the Kansas City region.
- State Labor Market information from Kansas Department of Labor
- Regional Economic Indicators from Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
- The Midwest Economist from Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
Make the Job Search Easier
Start by looking first at the internship and job postings in which employers target University of Kansas students and alumni, KU Career Connections. New positions are posted daily.
- All KU School of Engineering students and alumni are welcome to view these postings at no charge.
- First time users should contact Engineering Career Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (785) 864-3891 for a password.
- Log-in to Career Connections below:
Check out these other Job Posting sites
Discover Employers by specific industries, locations, or interests
- Web Links by Major or Interest Area
- National Job Search
- International Opportunities
- Academic Job Resources
- Lists of "Best" companies
Focus in on even more companies with these tools
Utilize these directories to arrive at a list of companies within a certain industry, geographic location, or other targeted area. These directories are free for KU students as long as you follow the links we provide. Otherwise you may be charged a subscription fee if you just search on the internet for them.
- Plunkett Research Online: Great resource to uncover information on trends within specific industries (e.g. Alternative Energy or Biotech) as well as lists of companies within these industries.
- Business Insights: Essentials: Especially helpful guide to uncovering a list of companies within a certain industry; students can search for companies using the NAICS & SIC coding system explained further down on this page.
- NAICS & SIC Codes: Numerical coding system by the U.S. government which groups organizations by industry and type. This tool is very helpful when searching for a list of companies within a specific industry. Available both through the web and in print format at Engineering Career Center, 1001 Eaton.
- Book of Lists: Provides lists of various types of firms for a metropolitan area, e.g. top 25 engineering firms, which can be especially helpful for students focusing their search in a specific geographic area. An extensive array of metro areas is available online through the KU Library website – click on the metro area and then click on View Book of Lists (or BOL). There are also print versions available at Engineering Career Center for the following cities: Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Minneapolis/St. Paul, St. Louis
- Thomas Register: Engineers typically use this tool to source industrial products and supplies through manufacturers; however it can also be especially helpful to create a narrow list of companies as potential employers. For example, if you are interested in designing robot control systems, use the quick search feature to find 160+ companies that build or supply them.
- Kansas and Missouri Manufacturers Directories: Print versions profiling manufacturing establishments in these two states is available at Engineering Career Center.
- Engineering News Record (ENR): Print versions listing the top U.S. and International construction, design, and environmental firms available at Engineering Career.
- Company and Industry Information – Basic Sources: This resource guide provides information about company and industry-related print and electronic resources available through the KU libraries.
Still not finding what you are looking for?
Students are welcome to meet with an Engineering Career Center staff member or career advisor for assistance in researching companies. Please contact email@example.com or (785) 864-3891 to schedule an individual appointment. The KU reference librarians are also a great resource for assistance with company research.