Information for Students Denied Admission
Each completed application is reviewed by a committee of faculty members. Students are denied admission for a variety of reasons. Applications are often denied for the following reasons:
- Incomplete application
- Poor GRE or TOEFL scores
- Poor letters of reference
- Statement of purpose does not demonstrate that applicant is good fit for the program
- Undergraduate degree deficiencies
- Undergraduate GPA below a 3.0
- Poor or insufficient academic background in engineering
- Application materials do not demonstrate graduate-level writing skills
- Lack of professional experience for those programs that require it
Applicants who wish to re-apply are advised to contact the departmental advisor or assistant before doing so. The graduate program staff will be able to best guide applicants through this process.
The resources below are provided to help students improve their application materials.